As of January 2018, Prof. Jin and some of students joined the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University at Buffalo (SUNY-Buffalo). New website will be launching soon.
The Cyber-Med Lab consists of Prof. Zhanpeng Jin and a group of intelligent students in the Departments of Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering at the Binghamton University, State University of New York (SUNY). Our research activities encompass high interdisciplinary topics, with particular focus on how to promote quality and efficiency of healthcare using cutting-edge computing technologies, as well as how to discover new computing paradigms leveraging biologically inspired concepts.
- I am serving as the Associate Editor for the following journals: Computers in Medicine and Biology, Computers and Electrical Engineering, and BioMedical Engineering Online. Please consider to submit your research work to these journals.
The 42nd Annual Northeast Bioengineering Conference (NEBEC) will be held on April 5-7, 2016, at Binghamton University. Please submit your research work to this event.
I am the Program Chair of The IEEE Signal Processing in Medicine and Biology Symposium (SPMB), which will be held on December 12, 2015, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Please submit your research work to this event.Look forward to seeing you in SPMB next year.
I am co-organizing the The International Workshop on Self-Powered Systems, Engineering Technologies and Applications (SETA), in conjunction with International Green and Sustainable Conference (IGSC'15) in Las Vegas, Nevada, on December 14 - 16, 2015. Please follow this link for paper submission.
I am co-organizing a Special Issue on Advances in Biomedical Signal and Image Processing, and Biometrics for the Elsevier Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering. The manuscript submission deadline is August 15, 2014 . Please follow this link for paper submission.
Computers in Medicine and Biology (Impact Factor: 1.84, 2016)
Computers and Electrical Engineering (Impact Factor: 1.57, 2016)
BioMedical Engineering Online (Impact Factor: 1.683, 2016)
- [January 2018] Prof. Jin joined the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University at Buffalo (SUNY-Buffalo). New website will be launching soon.
- [April 2017] Prof. Jin receives the inaugural Watson School Recognition Award for Early-Stage Distinguished Research, which is given in recognition of significant accomplishments in research for a faculty member at the early stage of their career.
- [February 2017] The paper "A Tempo-spatial Compressed Sensing Architecture for Efficient High-throughput Information Acquisition in Organs-on-a-chip," co-authored by Prof. Wenyao Xu (CSE, SUNY-Buffalo), Prof. Ruogang Zhao (BME, SUNY-Buffalo), and Prof. Jin, won the Best Paper Award (1st Place) in BHI 2017.
- [February 2017] Congratulations to Dr. Qiong Gui for successfully defending her PhD dissertation. Well done!
- [January 2017] Prof. Jin has been interviewed by Digital Trends, Health Data Management, Motherboard, PCWorld, and Smithsonian Magazine.
- [January 2017] A collaborative research by the groups of Prof. Linke Guo and Prof. Jin (with two main student contributors Pei Huang and Borui Li), which explored and developed a new ECG-based biometric approach to secure the electronic health records (EHRs) with less encryption cost for emerging mobile health, was published and presented in IEEE GLOBECOM 2016. This research has been extensively reported by ACM, Biometric Update, Bleeping Computing, Daily Mail, ETHealthworld, HealthCareBusiness, IEEE GlobalSpec, Innovation Toronto, iTech Post, labroots, Madison, Medical Bag, MedicineNet, mental_floss, Mogaz News, Newswise, SecureWorld, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, The Christian Post, TheHealthSite, UPI, U.S. News, and many other media outlets.
- [January 2017] The paper "Towards Scalable and Efficient GPU-Enabled Slicing Acceleration for Continuous 3D Printing," co-authored by Prof. Wenyao Xu (SUNY-Buffalo), Prof. Chi Zhou (SUNY-Buffalo), and Prof. Jin, was nominated as the Best Paper Candidate in ASP-DAC 2017.
- [January 2017] Prof. Jin attended the NSF Secure and Trustworthy Cyberspace Principal Investigators' Meeting (SaTC PI Meeting) in Crystal City, VA.
- [September 2016] Prof. Jin is appointed to serve on the Steering Committee for the Health Sciences Transdisciplinary Areas of Excellence (TAE), one of the five TAEs at Binghamton University.
- [September 2016] Prof. Jin becomes the Associate Editor of the journal of BioMedical Engineering Online, an open access, peer-reviewed journal that is dedicated to publishing research in all areas of biomedical engineering.
- [August 2016] Prof. Jin (PI), along with Prof. Sarah Laszlo (Psychology) and Prof. Wenyao Xu (SUNY-Buffalo), secure another NSF grant, in the total amount of $1.2 million, to investigate "Brain Hacking: Assessing Psychological and Computational Vulnerabilities in Brain-based Biometrics." [NSF].
- [April 2016] Prof. Jin (PI), collaborating with Prof. Linke Guo (ECE) and Prof. Gary D. James (Anthropology & Nursing), wins a Binghamton University Interdisciplinary Collaboration Grants (ICG) grant.
- [April 2016] The Brainprint research and its recent progress published on IEEE TIFS have been reported by Yahoo Finance, Popular Mechanics, IFL Science, Science Newsline, Newsweek, Wired UK, Neuroscience News,Information Society, Science Daily, Research & Development, Motherboard, The Economic Times, NDTV, Daily Mail, LSWN.IT, Pakistan Today, The Times of India, and Techradar India.
- [April 2016] CyberMed group hosts visitors from AFRL, VIT (Pune, India), and GE Global Research Center.
- [April 2016] The Brainprint research is featured on NSF Discoveries "Neuroscience research into dyslexia leads to 'brainprints'."
- [March 2016] Prof. Jin receives a research grant from the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), entitled "A Holistic Approach to Understanding and Benchmarking of Cognitive and Architectural Characteristics for Neuromorphic Architectures."
- [February 2016] Prof. Jin is interviewed by Regarding ID's Gina Jordan about the research of brainprinting: "Brainprint for logical, digital identity" on SecureIDNews.
- [February 2016] Prof. Jin becomes the Associate Editor of the Elsevier journal of Computers in Biology and Medicine.
- [November 2015] The Brainprint research is featured on BU Magazine "Your brain is your key".
- [November 2015] Prof. Jin gave an Invited Talk at University of Pittsburgh and Temple University.
- [October 2015] Our "brainprint" technology has been named as one of the "Future technology: 22 ideas about to change our world."
- [September 2015] Prof. Jin receives an NSF EAGER grant, entitled "EAGER-DynamicData: Exploiting the Dynamically Architectural Configurability for Compressed Sensing"[NSF].
- [September 2015] BU researchers, led by Dr. James Turner (PI) and Drs. Steve Czarnecki, Kanad Ghose, Mark Polis, and Zhanpeng Jin (co-PIs), have won a $854,300 grant (plus $854,300 cost share) awarded by Nano-Bio Manufacturing Consortium (NBMC) to develop the wearable human performance monitoring sensor using flexible electronics.
- [August 2015] Prof. Jin, Prof. Laszlo and their research on brain biometric are featured on BU Research Video series [YouTube video].
- [June 2015] The "Brainprint" project, led by Prof. Zhanpeng Jin and Prof. Sarah Laszlo, has recently attracted dramatic attention from the community and been reported by many media outlets, such as [CNBC], [NDTV Gadgets], [The Engineer], [gizmag], [AAAS EurekAlert!], [naked security], [Tech Times], [Business Standard], [Communications of the ACM], [SUNY], and [BU Pipe Dream]. Prof. Jin also received interviews from WBNG [video] and Deutschlandfunk (a German public broadcasting radio station) [audio].
- [May 2015] Prof. Jin (co-PI) has started a new project (PI: Prof. Krishnaswami Srihari) with the Smart Modular Technologies, a global leader in specialty memory solutions, in the area of testing and reliability enhancement of high-capacity SSDs.
- [May 2015] Prof. Jin (co-PI), collaborating with Prof. Shahrzad Towfighian (ME), wins a Binghamton University Transdisciplinary Area of Excellence (TAE) -- Smart Energy seed grant.
- [April 2015] A big congratulations to Omkar Patil (BME), a MS student in our group, for winning the award in Graduate Student Poster Competition for his work in non-contact assessment of stress levels using a camera.
- [April 2015] Prof. Jin receives the Outstanding Faculty Researcher Award of the ECE department.
- [April 2015] Prof. Jin receives the "Air Force Summer Faculty Fellowship Program (SFFP)" award.
- [March 2015] Prof. Jin visits Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) in Wilmington, MA for a collaborative research project.
- [March 2015] Prof. Jin (PI), collaborating with Prof. Sarah Laszlo (Psychology), wins a Binghamton University Interdisciplinary Collaboration Grants (ICG) grant.
- [March 2015] Prof. Jin attends and presents two papers in IEEE ISBA'15, in Hong Kong, China.
- [March 2015] Prof. Jin is featured on BU video series "Beyond the Classroom" [YouTube video].
- [January 2015] Prof. Jin visits and gives talks in Northwestern Polytechnical University (Xi'an, China), Xi'an Jiaotong University (Xi'an, China), Maharashtra Institute of Technology (Pune, India), and Vishwakarma Institute of Technology (Pune, India).
- [January 2015] Prof. Jin attends the NSF SaTC PI Meeting in Arlington, VA.
- [December 2014] Qiong Gui and Prof. Jin attend and present two papers in IEEE SPMB'15, in Philadelphia, PA.
- [August 2014] Prof. Jin (co-PI), along with Prof. Krishnaswami Srihari (SSIE), have established a new collaboration with Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) in the area of thermal and parasitic analysis for microelectronics packaging.
- [August 2014] Prof. Jin have visited Beijing Institute of Technology and Beijing Microelectronics Technology Institute in China, and Vishwakarma Institute of Technology and University of Pune in India for two weeks.
- [August 2014] Prof. Jin (PI), along with Prof. Sarah Laszlo (Psychology) and Prof. Wenyao Xu (SUNY-Buffalo), is awarded an NSF SaTC grant in the total amount of $500k, entitled "Brain Password: Exploring A Psychophysiological Approach for Secure User Authentication" [NSF].
- [May 2014] Prof. Jin, as the PI for two projects and the co-PI for one project, wins two Binghamton University Interdisciplinary Collaboration Grants (ICG) [news] and one Transdisciplinary Area of Excellence (TAE) -- Sustainable Communities grant [news].
- [April 2014] Maria V. Ruiz Blondet, a MS student in bioengineering supervised by Prof. Jin, is granted the Katie C. Root Award for Graduate Students by the Binghamton University, for her academic excellence in studies and research.
- [April 2014] Prof. Jin and his student, Simon Chen, will visit the AFRL again this summer to continue our collaborative research with AFRL researchers.
- [April 2014] Binghamton University recently has won a $1.66 million grant to establish the Southern Tier Telemedicine and Mobile Health Research, Development and Training Center [news]. As part of the BU team, Prof. Jin and his Cyber-Med group will promote their existing research in telemedicine and mobile health, leveraging the cutting-edge facilities.
- [February 2014] S3IP center is awarded a grant for Human Performance Monitor (HPM): Electronics & Sensor Platforms. As part of the BU team, Prof. Jin and his student will work on the ECG sensing and processing technologies, which can be integrated into a flexible electronic patch.
- [January 2014] Welcome our new Ph.D. student, Borui Li.
- [December 2013] Prof. Jin, collaborating with Prof. Sarah Laszlo (Psychology), wins a Binghamton University Health Sciences Transdisciplinary Area of Excellence (TAE) grant for their collaborative project in the area of wearable eye-controlled HCI approach for assisted living and health care.
- [December 2013] Prof. Jin (PI) visits the Xerox Research Center Webster (XRCW) and establishes a new collaboration with XRCW in the area of mobile-cloud computing.
- [September 2013] Welcome our new Ph.D. student, Wei Yang.
- [April 2013] Prof. Jin receives the "Air Force Summer Faculty Fellowship Program (SFFP)" award. He will spend the 2013 summer in the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) to conduct collaborative research.
- [April 2013] Cyber-Med team spends a great time in NEBEC [Photo], in Syracuse on April 6-7.
- [December 2012] A short paper, collaborated with Prof. Yu Chen's group, is accepted by 39th Northeast Bioengineering Conference (NEBEC).
- [December 2012] Two papers, respectively authored by Mohammad and Radolfo, are accepted by IEEE Signal Processing in Medicine and Biology Symposium (SPMB).
- [October 2012] Prof. Jin appointed as Assistant Professor of Bioengienering (joint title), since Fall 2012.
- [September 2012] Welcome our new member, Mavi Ruiz Blondet (a bioengineering M.S. student).
- [September 2012] Welcome our new Ph.D. student, Xiaoliang Wang.
- [August 2012] Zhanpeng presented our work on Smart Localization Techniques for Healthcare at the 34th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Biology and Medicine (EMBC), August 2012. This is part of an ongoing collaborative effort with Mohammad Pourhomayoun and Prof. Mark Fowler.
- [April 2012] Zhanpeng attended the Binghamton Biomedical Research Conference (BBRC). The theme of this year is "New Thoughts About Causes, Prevention & Treatment of Childhood Obesity."
- [February 2012] Zhanpeng gave a talk at CoCo Seminar.
- [February 2012] Welcome our new Ph.D. student Qiong Gui and M.S. student Rodolfo Ledesma, who join our group in Spring 2012.
- [December 2011] Zhanpeng presented our work on Autonomous Neural Systems at the International Conference on Field-Programmable Technology (FPT).
- [August 2011] The Cyber-Med Lab is formally launched by Prof. Zhanpeng Jin in Fall 2011. The lab resides in the Microelectronics Core of the new Engineering & Science Building.